Purpleview is an image viewer for Windows (Windows 2000 and later).
It is primarily intended for PNG images, but
also supports BMP (read/write), JPEG (read-only), and TIFF (write-only).
Purpleview is free software, licensed under the
GNU General Public License.
The C source code is included in the distribution.
- purpleview 1.3.2 (4 Jul 2010; 260KB)
- To install:
- Unzip the purpleview.exe file and put it somewhere.
- To run:
- Open the purpleview.exe file.
Here's the readme file.
Purpleview's PNG support is based on my
PNGDIB library (which in turn is based on
- Small; loads quickly
- Fully supports PNG transparency, using any solid-color background
- Supports gamma correction (PNG only)
- Correctly handles PNG transparency in combination with gamma correction
- Old versions still available:
- purpleview 1.3.1 (6 Mar 2003)
- purpleview 1.2.0 (9 Apr 2002)
- purpleview 1.1.0 (19 Mar 2002)
- purpleview 1.0.0 (8 Feb 2002)
By Jason Summers.
Send feedback to email@example.com.